Matches 101 to 150 of 1,779 » See Gallery
| # | Thumb | Description | Info | Linked to |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 101 | Anglican mission church overseen by Rev. A.J. Hall, Alert Bay, BC, August 1885. Although the front and back of this cabinet card photograph bear the ownership marks of Victoria commercial photographer O.C. Hastings, the identifying marks in the lower left corner (53 | GMD | 85) are those used by the Geological Survey of Canada geologist and amateur photographer Dr. George Mercer Dawson. This same photograph is described on the Library and Archives as "Mission Church" (copy negative PA-037933). The Royal BC Museum also holds a reference copy print of the Library and Archives Canada photo. |
Owner of original: Pamela Orr Date: Jan 2010 50.579977, -126.919929 |
||
| 102 | Anton Vogee photograph of a scene in Atlin, BC, 24 May 1899. Courtesy of Museum of History and Industry (Seattle, WA), no. 6978, via Wikimedia Commons. |
Owner of original: Museum of History and Industry |
||
| 103 | Anton Vogee photograph of Atlin, BC, 1899. Courtesy of Yukon Archives, Anton Vogee fonds, image 82/271. |
Owner of original: Yukon Archives |
||
| 104 | Archibald Murchie portrait, 1890. From a glass negative by an unidentified photographer. Courtesy of UBC Library, Uno Langmann Family Collection of B.C. Photographs. |
Owner of original: UBC Library |
||
| 105 | Aristo Studio ad, Colonist, 3 Feb 1915, p. 6 T.C. Smart's studio advertised extensively between 1914 and 1915, specializing in military portraits. | |||
| 106 | Aristo Studio ad, Colonist, 7 Jan 1915, p. 6 | |||
| 107 | Arms of the Royal Engineers. British Columbia Archives, PDP05368. |
Owner of original: British Columbia Archives |
||
| 108 | Arrival of the first Canadian Pacific Railway train at Port Moody, BC. Photographed by T.S. Gore, a photographer is visible in the left background. Image courtesy of BC Archives, Visual Records call no. A-09737. |
Owner of original: BVIPA Date: 4 Jul 1886 49.276606, -122.866768 |
||
| 109 | Art Centre ad, British Columbia and Yukon Directory 1938 , p. 1904. | |||
| 110 | Art Emporium ad, 1913. Henderson's Greater Vancouver City Directory for 1913, p. 669. | |||
| 111 | Art Jones among Artray studio equipment, 1950. Vancouver Public Library accession number 81260. |
Owner of original: Vancouver Public Library |
||
| 112 | Arthur Vipond funeral notice, Victoria Colonist, 14 Nov 1889, p. 4. | |||
| 113 | Arthur Vipond funeral, Victoria Daily Times, 15 Nov 1889, p. 4. One of the pallbearers was the former Victoria photographer S.A. Spencer. | |||
| 114 | Arthur Vipond obituary and funeral notice, Victoria Colonist, 14 Nov 1889, p. 4. | |||
| 115 | Arthur Vipond obituary, Victoria Colonist, 13 Nov 1889, p. 4. | |||
| 116 | Arthur Vipond obituary, Victoria Daily Times, 12 Nov 1889, p. 4. | |||
| 117 | Arthur Vipond photographed by S.A. Spencer. Image courtesy of BC Archives, Visual Records catalogue no. HP097939 (item H-01219). |
Owner of original: BVIPA 48.4275, -123.367259 |
||
| 118 | Arthur Vipond's ad, Victoria Colonist, 30 Apr 1874, p. 2. Although trained as a photographer, he ended up working as a machinist and gunsmith. |
48.4275, -123.367259 |
||
| 119 | Article about Dowsett Studio, Chilliwack Progress, 30 Nov 1922, p. 4. Concerns its new location on Wellington Street above Banford's shop. | |||
| 120 | Article about the opening of Photocrafts by Jim Vallance, Chilliwack Progress, 6 Nov 1946, p. 12. | |||
| 121 | Artona Studio logo | |||
| 122 | Arundel news, Victoria Colonist, 17 Aug 1892, p. 5. He photographed the Victoria fire department in front of City Hall on 16 Aug 1892. | |||
| 123 | Avro Lancaster bomber as viewed from the Lancaster above it, ca. 1944-1945. |
Owner of original: James Dunlop Vallance |
||
| 124 | B.W. Leeson and his wife on a wash day, 1900s. Courtesy of Vancouver Public Library, accession number 71662. |
Owner of original: Vancouver Public Library |
||
| 125 | B.W. Leeson, Evelyn Leeson and Anna Leeson, 1900s. Courtesy of Vancouver Public Library, accession number 71706. |
Owner of original: Vancouver Public Library |
||
| 126 | Back of Eureka Art Company group portrait, Victoria, BC, 26 Sep 1896. |
Owner of original: Private collection |
||
| 127 | Back of Hugh Cannell's World War One draft registration card, 1918. |
Owner of original: US National Archives and Records Administration |
||
| 128 | Baglow and Thorpe ad, The Express (North Vancouver), 12 Feb 1909, p. 6. | |||
| 129 | Baglow and Thorpe ad, The Express (North Vancouver), 5 Mar 1909, p. 5. In this ad they state they are the successors to Elliott and Baglow. | |||
| 130 | Baglow and Thorpe news item about F.J. Baglow making a trip to the "Old Country", The Express (North Vancouver), 22 Jan 1909, p. 1. | |||
| 131 | Baglow and Thorpe news item, The Express (North Vancouver), 23 Apr 1909, p. 1. Reports on the sale of their North Vancouver studio to F.P. Carbutt. | |||
| 132 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, front (right) and back covers The front is stamped "BAILEY BROTHERS Successors to Bailey & Neelands," while the back is stamped "BAILEY BROS Art & Stationery Store, 160 Cordova St., Vancouver, B.C." The catalogue was printed at the City Printing Works, 334-6 Cordova St., Vancouver, BC. Fully open, the catalogue measures 5 3/4 inches high by 6 1/2 inches wide.(Courtesy of Canadian Pacific Archives, Montreal, Quebec). |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 133 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, page 1 |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 134 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, page 2 and 3 |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 135 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, page 4 and 5 |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 136 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, page 6 and 7 |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 137 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, page 8, inside back cover |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 138 | Bailey and Neelands 1889 catalogue, page 9, back cover |
49.263588, -123.138565 |
||
| 139 | Bailey and Neelands news, Vancouver Daily World, 27 Sep 1889, p. 1. The firm was awarded a prize at a Toronto exhibition for their photographic views. | |||
| 140 | Bailey and Neelands' ad, Vancouver World, 22 Nov 1889, p. 1. | |||
| 141 | Bailey and Neelands' ad, Vancouver World, 3 Jan 1890, p. 1. | |||
| 142 | Bailey and Neelands' ad, Vancouver World, 6 Nov 1890, p. 7. | |||
| 143 | Bailey Brothers ad, Vancouver World, 27 Sep 1899, p. 8. | |||
| 144 | Bailey Brothers Company Ltd. ad, Henderson's City of Vancouver Directory, 1907, p. 93. | |||
| 145 | Bailey Brothers, Empress of India passing the Beaver wreck, 1891-1892. This photograph, taken below Prospect Point in Stanley Park, was turned into a painting which was copyrighted in 1892. The Empress of India first arrived in Vancouver on 28 Apr 1891. A separate, earlier photograph of the Beaver was used. Courtesy of City of Vancouver Archives, CVA 103-20. |
Owner of original: City of Vancouver Archives |
||
| 146 | Bailey Brothers, a painting of the Empress India passing the wreck of the Beaver, copyright 1892. The photograph on which this painting is passed depicts the Beaver in a far more advanced state of decay. Prospect Point in Stanley Park is at the top of the cliff face on the right. The photographer's number is X867, the prefix X denoting an 8 x 10 inch photograph. Courtesy of UBC Library, Uno Langmann Family Collection of British Columbia Photographs, UL_1517_0001. |
Owner of original: UBC Library |
||
| 147 | Bailey Brothers, wreck of the Beaver, ca. 1890. This photograph, taken below Prospect Point in Stanley Park, likely served as the model for the wreck of the Beaver depicted in the painting of the Empress of India passing the wreck. The photographer's number is X747, the prefix X denoting an 8 x 10 inch photograph. Courtesy of UBC Library, Uno Langmann Family Collection of British Columbia Photographs, UL_1517_0002. |
Owner of original: UBC Library |
||
| 148 | Bassett Studio ad, Victoria Daily Times, 13 Jan 1922, p. 13. | |||
| 149 | Baxter and Bradford ad, Nanaimo Free Press, 19 Dec 1919, p. 3. The "Returned Men" line is a reference to their being World War One veterans. | |||
| 150 | Baxter and Bradford ad, Nanaimo Free Press, 7 Sep 1920, p. 3. |